It’s a fact of life: Homes come with far more emotional weight than any other investment we make.
A home is a refuge from the world, a place to raise a family and, for some people, an investment they hope will bring them a good chunk of money down the road. We fall in love with houses in a way that we never fall in love with a portfolio of stocks and bonds.
When it comes to working with sellers, you are in a completely different emotional head space than you are when working with buyers.
Here are 5 Elements To Set The Tone Of Your Listing Appointment
- Review Your Listing Manual – Before you go to the appointment, bring it with you if you have to!
- Be Prepared Before You Get There – Do your homework!
- Focus On The Signing The Listing At The Appointment – Show up early, sit in your car and gather your thoughts. Visualize your presentation and signing the listing. Be prepared – bring your sign, post and lock box to the appointment.
- Dress the Part – This is a major business transaction and YOU are their sales consultant. Be confident, dress business professional.
- Have your Listing Presentation MASTERED. The more confident you are, the easier you can share your value which results in your price point increasing.